Our bodies convert carotene into Vitamin A.
Vitamin A is a vital nutrient in maintaining healthy lungs, heart, eyes, and just about every other organ, including our bodies’ largest organ, OUR SKIN.
Powerful Benefit of Beta Carotene on our skin:
- It stimulates cell regeneration and collagen production.
- It is a powerful Antioxidant, which battles the oxidative stress that breaks down collagen and elastin fibers.
- It can reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- A Web MD article titled “Health Benefits of Beta Carotene” from September 14, 2022 says, “Research has shown that antioxidants, including beta carotene, can help maintain skin health and appearance, and may protect the skin against UV radiation from the sun.”
- Can be effective in treating dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis
- Tanya Choudhary, an ISSA Certified Specialist in Fitness and Nutrition wrote an article titled “15 Best Benefits of Beta Carotene for Skin, Hair and Health”. Choudhary states that Beta Carotene can decrease sun sensitivity and can even, “boost the effectiveness of sunscreen.”
- Choudary also says that Beta Carotene can be applied externally to help with ulcers, impetigo, boils, carbuncles, and can remove age spots.
We hope you have enjoyed this quick list of benefits that Beta Carotene has on the skin.
The two articles referenced above give a more thorough list of the many benefits that Beta Carotene has to offer, as well as advice on not taking too much.